Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Intentions for A Newer Car

My 14 year old car tried to act like it was going to breakdown on me while driving to the cabin in the Sierra last weekend. My thermostat appears to be going out and says the car is overheating when it actually it the car is NOT overheating -- talk about stressing out just a little.

My kids and I travel a lot by car and I have put over 100,000 miles on my Ford Taurus -- this car has served us well. But it is time, I would like a newer car now.

... So here, I share with you my intentions for a newer car. I wrote down exactly what I desire in a new car and ... I'll keep you posted when this becomes a manifestation! I did this for the house I am currently living in. You can read my article titled ... (I have to find it) ...

My Intention for a Newer Car:

"I create the perfect car within 6 months from today or sooner; with the perfect terms and features that meet all my desires and more"!
  • 2004 or Younger
  • Power Windows
  • Power Seats
  • AC
  • CD Player/Radio/Stereo Speakers
  • GPS
  • Low Millage
  • Mechanically Clean/very good condition or better
  • Clean Body/very good condition or better
  • Body Paint -- Colors like: blues, greens, reds, opal white, burnt orange or prettier
  • Under Market or Blue book Value
  • Tire in good condition or better
  • 4 Wheel Drive
  • Seats at least 5 people with cargo space interchangeable with additional passenger seating
  • Terms: "Gentleman's Handshake" and $250.00 an month or less.
  • One of these Makers:
  • BMW, Audie, Mercedes, Chrysler, Lincoln, Lexus, Land Rover, Porsche, Dodge

Meet Copia

In Roman mythology, Copia is the Goddess of Abundance. Her name means ‘abundance’. In addition it means ‘plenty’, ‘wealth’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘resources’. She carries a cornu copia overflowing with the fruits of harvest and wealth. “The Horn of Plenty”; a magical goat’s horn the gives everything anyone desires. It is important to mention that Copia is often associated with Fortuna, the Roman Goddess of Fortune, Luck and Fate.

But I did not purposefully name this blog after Copia. I was looking for a word that described a life of truth and integrity. I like the word authentic; Authentic Life. But it appears that many others on the internet like that word too. I also like the word intelligent; Intelligent Life. But John Tesh uses the phrase “Intelligent Life” on his radio shows. Then came the word copious; Copious Life.

Copious

Pronunciation:

\kō-pē-əs\

Function:

adjective

Etymology:

14th century Middle English, from Latin copiosus, from copia abundance, from co- + ops wealth

Synonyms:

Ample; abundant; plentiful; plenteous; opulent; rich; full; exuberant; overflowing; full.

Definition:

1 a: yielding something abundantly; a copious harvest, copious springs. b: plentiful in number; copious references to other writers.

2 a: full of thought, information, or matter b: profuse or exuberant in words, expression, or style; a copious talker.

3: present in large quantity: taking place on a large scale; copious weeping, copious food and drink.


Well, okay so this word will do. I know I want plenty of what ever it is I desire in my life; money, healthy, patience, joy etc., … So I’ll sign up and create a copious life!

When pronounced, copious sounds very similar to Copia’s. After researching and discovering a linguistic connection these two words have, I thought Copia was quite nifty! Since this blog is about money and I think women (mostly) will read this blog, I gave Copia a purse (because most women can relate to having a purse) instead of a goat’s horn.

So there you have it. That is who Copia is. Hopefully she resonates inside each of us.

Cheers to a life of abundance – A Copious Life!