Monday, April 6, 2009

Message from Ladybug Totem


Several months ago I was prepping windows in my living room for a fresh coat of paint. I saw something red, black and rather strange in the top corner. It was something like a wasps nest at first glance but it was red and black ... as I came closer the image that my eyes were having a difficult time identifying came clear once I realize the the black spots were not holes but dots on the backs of about 8 lady bugs clumped together. I was amazed to say the least; what a pleasant finding! But I had moved into the house in August and this was a day in December ... pondering ... what were they eating in order to live in my house? I have no plants in the house and certainly no aphids for them to eat. So I moved them ... and painted my windowsills.

Well, several weeks later I found that the lady bugs moved back -- they are back on the window again. And guess what? This corner of my house, in Feng Shui, is the wealth and luxury corner. Cool place for ladybugs to be hanging out for no apparent reason. My kids and I use the area of the house for curling up with a good book and reading and we now call it ladybug corner.

Well, today April 6, I took the kids out for something fun, first I thought we'd take a hike and have a picnic, they wanted to to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, but I really wanted to enjoy the outdoors. It was a warm day today and rain is due for the rest of the week. Then I remembered a beach that I had never been to an was told by a friend that there is tons of sea glass at this beach. That sounded perfect and that was were I took the kids.

Now guess what? Yes, we found tons of sea glass BUT we found two ladybugs on the sand! Again what a pleasant surprise and what an unusual place to find not one but two ladybugs!

Later in the day I took the kids over to the Farmer's Market in Pacific Grove. This market began last summer and today was our first time to this market. Shortly after our arrived this very cute little terrier came up to say hello. The owner was right behind her. After we oohed and awed over this sweet dog, her owner tells us her name is Ladybug. "Okay", my mind tells me, "look up ladybugs. There is a message here for us".

Over the years I have learned that when I hear or see things repeat, a form of my intuition is communicating to me. The following is what I learned about ladybugs today. It all feels true for me and my family (the three of us). And I think it is so darn cool how things work around here -- there are messages for us everywhere! Life is good, really really good and it is meant to be this good.

Sources: www.sayahda.com, www..starstuffs.com, www.linsdomain.com

Ladybugs are about metamorphosis, growth and manifestation of thoughts and ideas. Our wishes begin to be fulfilled. Higher goals and new successes are possible. Worries begin to dissipate. New happiness comes about. Fall and Spring are the most abundance times for a person with a Ladybug totem.

Ladybug also cautions not to try to hard or go to fast to fulfill dreams. Let things flow at their natural pace. In the due course of time, wishes and desires will all come true.

Ladybug's life spans are about four weeks. Several generations are produced each summer. This links the energy of the ladybug to renewal and regeneration. Those with this totem are usually family oriented with strong morals and social values.

Because the life cycle of an adult ladybug is short, it teaches us to release worry and to live life to the fullest. When it appears in our life it is telling us to let go. Ladybug teaches us to restore our faith and trust in the greater spirit - God. It initiates change where it is needed most. When Ladybug appears it is asking us to get out of our own way and allow the greater spirit to enter.

An adult ladybug can consume several thousands of aphids and other scale insects within a few months. Because of its diet the ladybug often has parasites and those with this medicine often need to take care of their digestive system. Now is the time to examine eating habits.

Ladybug has a protective quality, keen instincts and in spite of its size it appears to be fearless. The ladybug reconnects us with the joy of living, teaching us to transform and release our fears and return to love.

"ahhh",

Julie


Meet Copia

In Roman mythology, Copia is the Goddess of Abundance. Her name means ‘abundance’. In addition it means ‘plenty’, ‘wealth’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘resources’. She carries a cornu copia overflowing with the fruits of harvest and wealth. “The Horn of Plenty”; a magical goat’s horn the gives everything anyone desires. It is important to mention that Copia is often associated with Fortuna, the Roman Goddess of Fortune, Luck and Fate.

But I did not purposefully name this blog after Copia. I was looking for a word that described a life of truth and integrity. I like the word authentic; Authentic Life. But it appears that many others on the internet like that word too. I also like the word intelligent; Intelligent Life. But John Tesh uses the phrase “Intelligent Life” on his radio shows. Then came the word copious; Copious Life.

Copious

Pronunciation:

\kō-pē-əs\

Function:

adjective

Etymology:

14th century Middle English, from Latin copiosus, from copia abundance, from co- + ops wealth

Synonyms:

Ample; abundant; plentiful; plenteous; opulent; rich; full; exuberant; overflowing; full.

Definition:

1 a: yielding something abundantly; a copious harvest, copious springs. b: plentiful in number; copious references to other writers.

2 a: full of thought, information, or matter b: profuse or exuberant in words, expression, or style; a copious talker.

3: present in large quantity: taking place on a large scale; copious weeping, copious food and drink.


Well, okay so this word will do. I know I want plenty of what ever it is I desire in my life; money, healthy, patience, joy etc., … So I’ll sign up and create a copious life!

When pronounced, copious sounds very similar to Copia’s. After researching and discovering a linguistic connection these two words have, I thought Copia was quite nifty! Since this blog is about money and I think women (mostly) will read this blog, I gave Copia a purse (because most women can relate to having a purse) instead of a goat’s horn.

So there you have it. That is who Copia is. Hopefully she resonates inside each of us.

Cheers to a life of abundance – A Copious Life!