Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving to Carmel

Okay so that was easy! Yahoo! I met with the owner of the house in Carmel. I basically said I wanted to move in and he said okay -- all on a gentle man's hand shake. And I needed that kind of neighborly agreement -- no credit checks and hoops to jump through! The divorce is leaving my financial side of life in a bit of a mess which is completely fixable, but I have to rent now and I certainly am not interested in telling a potential land lord my "story". The way I see it; I have two kids to put a roof over and I will see to it that the rent is always paid regardless of what credit history looks like. And some people just can't get past that credit report.

Anyway, I feel very blessed today! (And must say feeling empowered as well) And the adventure has begun! The house is not available until July 15th! My kids and I have to move out of our house by July 1st! But there is studio apartment with a separate entrance down stairs in this house in Carmel and the owner said we can move into that until the 15th. With everything else falling in to place the way that it did that will work!

Whoohoo!

Meet Copia

In Roman mythology, Copia is the Goddess of Abundance. Her name means ‘abundance’. In addition it means ‘plenty’, ‘wealth’, ‘opportunity’ and ‘resources’. She carries a cornu copia overflowing with the fruits of harvest and wealth. “The Horn of Plenty”; a magical goat’s horn the gives everything anyone desires. It is important to mention that Copia is often associated with Fortuna, the Roman Goddess of Fortune, Luck and Fate.

But I did not purposefully name this blog after Copia. I was looking for a word that described a life of truth and integrity. I like the word authentic; Authentic Life. But it appears that many others on the internet like that word too. I also like the word intelligent; Intelligent Life. But John Tesh uses the phrase “Intelligent Life” on his radio shows. Then came the word copious; Copious Life.

Copious

Pronunciation:

\kō-pē-əs\

Function:

adjective

Etymology:

14th century Middle English, from Latin copiosus, from copia abundance, from co- + ops wealth

Synonyms:

Ample; abundant; plentiful; plenteous; opulent; rich; full; exuberant; overflowing; full.

Definition:

1 a: yielding something abundantly; a copious harvest, copious springs. b: plentiful in number; copious references to other writers.

2 a: full of thought, information, or matter b: profuse or exuberant in words, expression, or style; a copious talker.

3: present in large quantity: taking place on a large scale; copious weeping, copious food and drink.


Well, okay so this word will do. I know I want plenty of what ever it is I desire in my life; money, healthy, patience, joy etc., … So I’ll sign up and create a copious life!

When pronounced, copious sounds very similar to Copia’s. After researching and discovering a linguistic connection these two words have, I thought Copia was quite nifty! Since this blog is about money and I think women (mostly) will read this blog, I gave Copia a purse (because most women can relate to having a purse) instead of a goat’s horn.

So there you have it. That is who Copia is. Hopefully she resonates inside each of us.

Cheers to a life of abundance – A Copious Life!